Monday, April 2, 2012

Learning how to live with a purpose

Whatever Is Lovely is written by Marsha Maurer and published by Carpenter’s Son Publishing.

Learning how to live your life with purpose is how I would describe the theme of this book. Using examples of design from the world around us she displays principles we should be living our life by. From opening our homes to others no matter the design of our furniture, to praising those around us instead of criticizing them, you will learn how to be a more lovely person and therefore have a more purposeful life.

The authors writing style is easy to read and you will feel like a friend has written you a special letter to read. She is open and funny with her personal stories that are the highlights of the book. I did feel it was a little eliquent at times, perhaps a little less in some paragraphs would have made the book flow better. However, I did enjoy her writing and felt she did a great job of highlighting some basic principles that we could each apply to our lives today.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment