Monday, April 2, 2012

Learning how to be honest with God

Can we be honest? This book, Honest To God: Becoming Brutally Honest with a Gracious God, will guide you into a life of honesty and therefore into a better relationship with God.

The author, Josh Weidmann, does an excellent job of sharing stories of others working towards total honesty. He describes how it changes their lives and brings them closer to God. One particular story helps you better understand how God can be angry and love. You learn by applying the same principle to your situations. Can you be honest with a loved one who has hurt you? Can you say I am hurt but still love you?

Learning how to be open and honest with God is the best principle you can take away from this book. The author teaches that if you can pray and be honest with God about how you are feeling you can really grow in your relationship with Him.

This book is very straightforward and easy to understand. The author lays out simple steps to being more honest in every situation you find yourself and shows that by doing this you will have a better relationship with God.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment