Monday, April 2, 2012

I loved, loved, loved this book!

What a lovely book! My Story My Song is Lucimarian Roberts thoughts on her life so far. The book tells of her life growing up and how singing and music played an important role. Her marriage to Lawrence Roberts, a United States Air Force officer and their life together are also highlighted.

Mrs. Roberts is the mother of Robin Roberts, a current coanchor of Good Morning America. Robin Roberts makes a few comments in the book but it is mostly the thoughts of Mrs. Roberts as she reflects on different times in her life. The influence of music played an important role in her life. All kinds of gospel music but mostly hymns have helped her through many lonely and difficult times. Reading her stories of playing the piano and how it encouraged her is a real encouragement to the reader as well.

It was fascinating to read about the times in which she dealt with the issue of segregation. Her perspective was thought provoking and a must read for anyone wanting a first hand view of what those times were like. This book is a very easy to read story. I felt like I was sitting on the couch next to a sweet woman who was telling me her story and offering excellent advice on how to learn on the Lord during hard times.

I enjoyed the book so much I did not put it down until I had finished it! Just reading this book has been an encouragement to me and I hope to someday meet this strong woman and tell her what a positive influence her life has been on all of us!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based solely on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment