Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I really enjoyed this book

Playing with Purpose: Baseball is written by Mike Yorkey and published by Barbour Publishing.

The subtitle to this book is Inside the Lives and Faith of Major League Stars. The author writes about the lives of some influential baseball players. He shows how they have used their faith to help them through difficult times. He also shows how they share their faith with others.

Two of the athletes highlighted are Albert Pujols and Marino Rivera. I enjoyed all the chapters but these two were the highlights of the book for me. The writing style in the book was fast paced and I was never bored. I liked how the stories moved quickly and kept my attention enough to see what would happen next.

I enjoyed this book and look forward to picking up his other Playing with Purpose books for Football and Basketball.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment