Monday, June 4, 2012

The Guilt Trip is written by Pat Simmons.

This book is about the Jamieson Family who are descendents of a royal African tribe. The story follows the brothers as they learn to face up to past mistakes and accept the Lord’s forgiveness.

This particular book is about Ace and Taleigh. The other family members do play important parts but these two and their relationship are what carry this story. The story itself does not have a lot of drama but does show how important families are. The birth of a baby changes the lives of all involved and without that pivotal incident the story would not have been that interesting.

I thought the author did a good job in writing this story, it was technically well done. I thought the characters had depth and showed real emotions. This book held my attention but I only gave it 4/5 stars because I found parts to be bogged down with details.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment