Monday, June 4, 2012

Yesterday’s Stardust is written by Becky Melby.

I found this book intriguing. I liked how the author intertwined the two stories going on, one now and one set in the 1920’s. The main character, Dani, finds a journal from the 20’s and it sends her on a discovery mission. Her life is already complicated with a story involving a local gang. There is also a romance between Dani and another main character Nicky.

All the characters are interesting and the story itself holds your interest. I did find parts to be confusing but once I got into each story and remembered the right characters for the right story it read pretty fast. I think this book would be good for anyone who likes a good mystery as well as historical Christian fiction. I enjoyed this writer’s style and will be reading more of her books. I gave this book 4/5 stars because although the story itself held my interest, I did get confused a few times on what was happing.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment