Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Review of Sifted

Sifted, Pursuing Growth Through Trials, Challenges and Disappointments is written by Wayne Cordeiro.

This is an excellent book for those involved in starting and leading a church congregation. You will read this and take away some very simple advice and also be encouraged as you work each day for the Lord.

There were many parts of this book that I found enlightening. I thought the authors’ view that you have to have a vision to really grow your ministry was a very good one. His practical advice on handling issues that come up in a congregation was well written. The author’s writing is simple and easy to understand. He offers clear advice and encouragement.

After reading this book you will realize that being called to the ministry is just as much a job as any other work you might try to do. I gave this book 4/5 stars because although it offers excellent advice and words of encouragement I thought some of it was tedious.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment