Monday, June 4, 2012

Everything Happens For A Reason? God’s Purpose In A World Gone Bad is written by Paul Enns.

Why does God allow all these bad things to happen on the earth everyday? Using scripture, the author does his best to show the reader how to find comfort in the Lord no matter what is going on around them.

The author’s use of personal stories is what makes this book so interesting. He has a subject he discusses and uses real life incidents, both personal and well-known events, to reiterate what he is explaining. I thought the book was very easy to understand and could be a real encouragement to those going through difficult times. Turning over all to the Lord, no matter what is happening in your life, is the strongest lesson taught in this book.

The ending of the book talks about heaven and reminds us that the problems we encounter on earth are only temporary. The author shows how we should use the hard times to grow in our relationship to the Lord. I gave this book 4/5 stars because I felt like there was a lot of emphasis on the retelling of bad things happening and not enough on pointing to the Lord as the one in charge (no matter the circumstances).

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment