Sunday, June 3, 2012

Midwife Legacy is published by Barbour Publishing.

This is a book with four stories. They all are connected by a journal and all the stories center on being a midwife. I liked how the stories are set in a different time period yet they are all linked in some way. I thought each story was well written and could stand on its own.

One story, called A Mothers Cry, is about Adele Marley. She is a widow who keeps the baby of a mother who died during childbirth. I liked the town in Wisconsin that this was set in; it really made the story interesting.

The Midwife’s Apprentice is about Polly who decides to be the midwife on a wagon train that heads west. I liked the interaction of the main characters in this story. The connection between the minister with Polly is written well.

Birth of A Dream is written by Pamela Griffin and the main character is Christiana. Will her wanting to work ruin any chance of a romance and becoming a bride? The decision she makes to work will impact the rest of her life.

Labor of Love is about Kendra. In this story the main character is also a midwife and she decides she wants to have a place for all local midwives to work from. Will her plans work out or will they all fall apart.

I enjoyed all the stories but found Labor of Love to be my favorite. I gave this book 5/5 stars because each story is worth reading!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment