Sunday, June 3, 2012

Glamorous Illusions was written by Lisa Bergren and published by David C. Cook.

This story is set in 1913 and follows the main character, Cora Kensington, as her life is turned upside down. You will not want to put this book down as you read of her travels through America and Europe. You will watch her character develop and grow as she encounters difficult circumstances that change her thinking.

I thought this book was very captivating! You just can not wait until the next page to see where this characters journey is taking her. The other characters in the book are also intriguing and help make the book enjoyable. I thought the conversations and setting also helped make this book worth reading. They were definitely not just page fillers!

There are also lessons to learn while reading this book. Acceptance and forgiveness are two prominent lessons. Although this is a fiction book, the author does a superb job of illustrating some important Biblical principles. Overall this was a great story with an intriguing character and some interesting settings so I gave this book 5/5 stars.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.


No comments:

Post a Comment