Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Tutor's Daughter Book Review

The Tutor's Daughter
 

The Tutor’s Daughter is written by Julie Klassen.

I enjoyed the suspense the most in this book by Julie Klassen.  The characters are not that memorable really but the story had its strong points.  The main character Emma just seemed lost to me, like she was just not that smart.  It is hard to cheer for a character when you don’t really like them.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.  I thought the setting was great and the authors’ descriptions were definitely strong and well written.  I did not especially enjoy the characters though.  They had no depth and were a little boring to me.  The story itself had suspenseful parts and without that part I would not have enjoyed this book that much.  If you like books by Jane Aiken Hodge you will enjoy this book as that is what the writing style of this story reminded me of.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment