Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Review of What The Amish Can Teach Us

What the Amish Can Teach Us...
 

 What the Amish Can Teach Us About The Simple Life by Georgia Varozza

 The subtitle to this book is Homespun Hints for Family Gatherings, Spending Less and Sharing Your Bounty.  The title and subtitle describe exactly what this book is all about.  From ways to enjoy time with your family without the electronic devices being on to ways you can share with others around you this author offers the Amish lifestyle to the normal American family.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.  I liked the idea of the book, hints about how to make your life simpler.  Some of the hints you will read about are ones you have heard many times.  Other hints come from the Amish lifestyle.  Although most of the book was helpful some of the ideas just aren’t practical.  I will say that I enjoyed reading this book.  The author is engaging in her writing style.  It is an organized book and if you are interested in the Amish community and ways their lifestyle can help you simplifier yours, you will enjoy this book.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment