Friday, August 3, 2012

31 Days to a Happy Husband Review

31 Days to A Happy Husband is written by Arlene Pellicane and published by Harvest House Publishers.

The concept of this book intrigued me. Is it possible to figure out what makes a happy husband? Well the author of this book decided she would try and I think she has written some pretty simple steps wives can take to improve their marriage.

According to this author there are 5 key areas that help make a husband happy. Two of these keys are peace in the home and respect. The other three areas are just as important but you will have to read the book to see what they are! Peace in the home is important because a man needs a safe place. Home should be the place he can come to and keep his guard down and relax. Respect is another important area. A husband wants to feel honored and his thoughts heard. Respecting his decisions will make him feel like an important partner in the marriage. The author does great at explaining her reasoning behind these keys and the other three as well.

I found the book to have plenty of helpful information. I felt the key to the book was found in the introduction when the author reminds wives that every day you are either building your husband up or tearing him down. If you really think about that principle your marriage will change for the better. I liked how the book could be read alone, with your spouse or even in a study group. I thought the authors writing style made the book very easy to read. The chapters flowed from one section to the next flawlessly. I gave this book 5/5 stars because I think every wife can learn from one if not all of these keys and help improve their marriage.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment