Friday, August 3, 2012

Living In Harmony Review

Living In Harmony is written by Mary Ellis and published by Harvest House Publishers.

Amy suddenly loses both parents and must decide how to take care of herself and her sister. Her fiancĂ©, John convinces her to move from their family home to his relatives’ home in Maine. There John’s brother and sister-in-law welcome them. This is where the story really picks up speed. Watching the two main characters relate to each other, learn about themselves and grow up a bit made this story a quick read.

I liked how the brother steps in and begins to counsel Amy and John. I thought their interactions were very well written and believable. The story of these two characters could almost take place in any setting. The authors’ decision to have this set in Amish country does add to the meat of the story though. Anyone who enjoys stories about the Amish will like this story and really any other book written by this author that centers on the Amish.

This story has just enough complications to make it interesting. The characters are well developed; you get an understanding of who they are pretty quickly. The relationship of the sisters is sweet. The relationship to those around them is engaging. I gave this book 5/5 stars because I liked the story itself and fell in love with the characters.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment