Thursday, March 15, 2012

Have you experienced the Holy Spirit?

The Holy Spirit is not talked, preached or even written about very often. This book is a great addition to the subject. Have you experienced the Holy Spirit? Spirit Rising: Tapping into the Power of the Holy Spirit highlights some great times where the Spirit has moved Christians to do things not totally knowing why but the results were amazing. Have you felt the need to pray for a certain person or situation and not found peace until you did? The author, Jim Cymbala, says this is the moving of the Holy Spirit in you to pray for and express concern for others around you.

The author also discusses the jobs of the Holy Spirit and how He has been sent to help us here on earth. I found the book to be interesting but not one I would read again. I did enjoy the stories and felt the author did a good job at making his points. If you want to learn more about the Holy Spirit and His influence on your life as a Christian, this would be a good book to read.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment