Monday, March 12, 2012

This is not your typical Christian fiction novel.

This book is called Legacy of Fools and is written by Missy Horsfall and Susan Stevens.

This is not your typical Christian fiction novel. This book tackles some heavy material. There is child abuse, drinking, and even child molestation. From reading the information about the book you get the impression the story is only about Eric Bennington and his journey to freedom in Christ. However, this book is really about a family and their journey to healing.

The story is well written, meaning the characters are well developed and the story flows well. The story itself unfolds like a television drama. Nevertheless, I felt like the message of redemption in the book gets lost in all the details of the family issues. This is not a book you will sit and want to escape into. It was hard to read sometimes. With all that goes on in the world I really did not find myself enjoying reading a fictional story about some of the same negative things. The one redeeming quality was how the story lines were wrapped up at the end of the book.

I only gave this book 4/5 stars because I did not find it enjoyable reading about such heavy material. That is only my opinion though you may find it intriguing.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based solely on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment