Thursday, March 15, 2012

Don't let the subject of this book scare you away from reading it!

This book, The Last Enemy: Preparing to Win the Fight of Your Life, is about death but don’t let that scare you away from reading it. We may not like to think about it but death will come. This book, written by Michael Wittmer, is about learning to focus your attention on living right now for the Lord instead of living in fear of death. The author teaches that Jesus has triumphed over death and sin by dying and rising again. He stresses that if we sit and worry about the inevitable we are wasting the time the Lord has given us to spread the word of His salvation.

I found some of the book very encouraging and uplifting. Other parts of the book were confusing to me. I did like the style of the writing but got lost in some of the details. If you have been struggling with the death of a loved one or have gotten news that you have some terminal medical issue, you will find helpful information in this book. I did take one lesson away from that book and that is to be more in the moment and enjoy the time I do have left to serve the Lord.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment