Tuesday, March 13, 2012

This is a fun read!

The Search Committee is written by Tim Owens and published by Tyndale House Publishers.

This is a fun book! The characters are all interesting and make this book an easy read. The plot centers on a group of church members looking for a new pastor. Their personalities are well developed and make this book a must read.

Each person in this group of searchers has their own life and problems to handle as well as trying to find the right person to be their new pastor. From a single mom to a husband not sure about being ready for fatherhood, each person encounters struggles you will relate to. How the characters interact with each other is very real to life. I liked how they helped each other even though they were going through their own struggles. I especially liked the conclusions of all the story lines.

The ending of the book has some great discussion questions to talk about if you are reading this book in a group setting. I found the questions very helpful in making me think more about the story the author was presenting in the book. Although it is a fictional story you can still learn some great practical and Biblical principles that will help you grow as a Christian. Overall it was an enjoyable read that you can actually learn from!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment