Monday, April 30, 2012

Her Lone Star Cowboy is written by Debra Clopton.

Gabi Newberry finds herself in a predicament when the trailer she is driving ends up in the ditch. She is stuck with two calves and needs help! Who should come to the rescue but confirmed bachelor Jess Holden. Jess has no intention of falling in love but just can’t seem to resist the spirited Gabi. As Gabi helps Jess with his sick cattle they begin a friendship that is quick to lead to something more!

The characters in this book are so real to life! The grandmother of the main character Gabi is such a delight to read about! The interaction of Gabi with the other characters is heartwarming. I really enjoyed the aspect of her being a new Christian and having strong values. The setting was also great. Being in Texas and dealing with cattle made for some interesting scenes. The author did an excellent job of describing the scenes and even made the conversations read with ease.

I gave this book 5/5 stars and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys Christian fiction set in the west!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment