Monday, April 23, 2012

Great information on prayer

Pray For Me, The Power in Praying For Others is written by Kenneth H. Carter Jr.

We have all told someone we would pray for them, but do we really take the time to put their need before the Lord during our prayer time? Do you take the time to feel for the person and put yourself in their shoes? Taking time is a real message I took away from reading this book.

We all seem to be in a hurry to get onto the next issue or project in our life. I like how the other put sections in the book called invitations to reflect. These sections gave you time to think about the different issues the author was discussing and find ways to apply them to your own prayers.

I liked how he used the example of a bucket. He showed how a persons bucket is filled with problems and then you come beside him with your empty one and take some of his load. That really is what praying for another person is all about. Easing their burden. Overall it was a beneficial book to read and had many tips for making your prayer life more productive. I gave this book 4/5 stars because although I learned from the book it did contain parts that seemed redundant.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.



No comments:

Post a Comment