Monday, April 23, 2012

A realistic book for teens

The Embittered Ruby is written by Nicole O’Dell.

I do not read a lot of young adult books but I was glad I had the opportunity to read this one. The story centers on a sixteen year old girl named Carmen. She is going through family drama and this book takes you along on her journey.

I found the story to be realistic. I thought the descriptions of the main characters’ emotions were well written. You follow the character as she justifies doing things that she knows are wrong. You really get to know her and understand why she does what she does. I did feel like it took you on this long journey that ended abruptly though. The ending is not as good as the rest of the book. That said, I still enjoyed the story and gave this book 4/5 stars.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.


No comments:

Post a Comment