Monday, April 23, 2012

Easy to understand book

The Commands of Christ: What It Means To Follow Jesus, was written by Tom Blackaby.

This is an informative book on the different commands found in the Bible. These commands are for areas in our lives that the Lord wants us to grow spiritually. I really liked how the author explained these commands as directives from the Lord to help guide, direct or train us. They are not meant to punish us. The Lord knows we are imperfect and only gives these commands to help guide us to the life He wants us to have in Him.

There are many verses throughout this book. I like that he included most of those in the text so you did not have to look them up. It made reading the book an easy experience. The best part of the book was after the author explained the particular command he was clarifying. He included a section called Application. This section is where the author said here is what the verses said and here is how to apply this particular verse to your every day life.

I liked how simple and easy to understand this book was. I think this would be a perfect book for a new Christian to read, especially if that person is struggling with trying to do everything just right. I found the authors words to be encouraging and very informative. I gave this book 5/5 stars because it is a great book for every Christian to read.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.


No comments:

Post a Comment