Tuesday, May 1, 2012

MOMumental: Adventures in the Messy Art of Raising a Family is written by Jennifer Grant.

Overall this was an entertaining book about being a mom. The author, Jennifer Grant, uses her personal experiences to reiterate a principle she is trying to get across to moms. From learning when to step in if the kids are fighting to remembering they are just kids and not to expect them to be more mature then they are, each chapter highlights an incident most moms will encounter.

The best principle to take away from this book is to stop judging yourself so harshly. I also liked how she talked about not being so judgmental of other moms! The author shows that learning to give yourself and others a break will help you be a better mom.

I did have a negative that led me to only give this book 4/5 stars. There were just too many personal stories. I think the book would be more enjoyable with less of the personal experiences. That said she is a good writer and you will learn valuable lessons from the book.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment