Saturday, March 24, 2012

I liked the descriptive writing in this story!

Rose’s Pledge is written by Dianna Crawford and Sally Laity and published by Barbour Publishing, Inc.

Rose Harwood can not believe she is on her way to a trading post out west when only weeks ago she was selling all her family owned in England to help keep her father out of debt prison. Coming from England to America by boat and being auctioned off was not all she had hoped it would be. She and her two sisters are now separated and not sure when they will be together again. So far meeting a young man named Nate has been the only positive part of her trip! Nate is attracted to Rose and decides to go on the journey to the trading post with the fur trader and Rose.

I liked the descriptive writing in this story. It was not overdone and really helped me picture the people and settings talked about. The whole story moved quickly and entertained me as well. I enjoyed the writers’ style and thought this was one of the best western fiction books I have read. This is an excellent Christian fiction book to escape into!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment