Monday, March 26, 2012

A Western Amish story?

The Heart’s Frontier is written by Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith and is published by Harvest House Publishers.

This story takes place in Kansas in the late 1800’s. Emma Switzer’s family is robbed of everything they are traveling with. They are on their way to visit family and find themselves stranded! They walk to the nearest settlement praying that they can find someone to help them.

Luke Carson is heading out on his first cattle drive. He can not believe he is the answer to the prayers of this intriguing Amish family. What is he to do about this strong connection he feels with Emma? Can they be together or are they just too different?

From robberies to cattle drives the story moves quickly. I enjoyed the book and thought the writing was excellent. The characters were interesting and the setting was definitely part of the story. I liked how the relationships developed and how the characters grew. You could see them changing as you read their story. I liked everything about this book and would recommend it to anyone who likes Amish fiction and even those who enjoy a fun Western. Another excellent Christian fiction story!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment