Tuesday, March 27, 2012

This book is well written and a fun read

Sixty Acres and a Bride is written by Regina Jennings and published by Bethany House.

Rose Garner has just arrived in Texas from Mexico. She has followed her deceased husbands’ mother back to claim their land. After finding out there is tax money due on the land, the women have to figure out a way to pay. The other character that plays an important part in this story is Weston Garner. He has issues of his own to deal with and now must handle the emotions he is feeling for Rose. This story will remind you of the story of Ruth and Boaz found in the Bible.

Rose’s interaction with the town people and family are at the core of this book. Their reactions to her and the situations she encounters help make this book interesting. I especially liked the relationship between Rose and Weston. How the author writes the growth of their relationship is believable and moves along with the story.

The book is well written and is a fun read. I enjoyed the characters and setting. I liked how all the different story lines came together at the end and that the book concluded on a high note. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Christian western love stories.

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment