Monday, March 26, 2012

This book is the sequel to Southern Fried Sushi.

Like Sweet Potato Pie is written by Jennifer Rogers Spinola and is published by Barbour Publishing.

This book is the sequel to Southern Fried Sushi, which is also written by Jennifer Rogers Spinola. This book is about the struggles of the main character Shiloh. She is dealing with financial, family and relationship issues all at once. Will she learn to rely on the Lord for her security and learn to trust Him with her life?

The struggles Shiloh deals with are all ones Christians can relate to. The author does a great job of dealing with the characters issues. She writes so that you see how the Lord is your helper no matter what circumstances you are in right now. I liked how the main characters are flawed yet likeable. I also enjoyed the relationships between the characters. I have not read the first book and felt like I was behind a bit when starting the story. Like I was coming in towards the middle of a book. I would recommend you read the first book before reading this one! Except for that issue, I enjoyed the story!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment