Tuesday, March 27, 2012

You will not feel depressed after reading this book!

What’s Next? Navigating Transitions To Make The Rest Of Your Life Count is written by H. Norman Wright and published by Bethany House.

This is an encouraging and uplifting book about the last half of your life here on earth. The author takes subjects and talks about them in the light of being older. From being parents and grandparents to marriage and becoming a widow or widower, he touches on subjects that will come into most of our lives at some point.

The author writes in a very open and humble style. I enjoyed all the chapters but a few of them really stood out. I liked his chapters on marriage. He talks about the different marriage relationships and the different stages of marriage. The information is very helpful and those chapters alone are worth buying the book for. His chapters on being great grandparents were very helpful also. Showing the different ways to be there for your family were enlightening.

I enjoyed the lists, questions and quotes placed throughout the book. The end does have discussion questions if you decide to use the book in a group setting. I think anyone over the age of 30 can take away something after reading this. You will learn things to help you today and also as you grow older. You will not feel depressed after reading this book! You will feel encouraged to live your life at your best everyday starting today!

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment