Monday, March 26, 2012

There are numerous story lines in this one!

Tomorrow’s Sun is written by Becky Melby and published by Barbour Publishing.

There were so many story lines going on at once in this book that it became a bit confusing at times. The main character, Emily Foster, decides to make over houses in hopes that she can make money quickly. She starts her first project and runs into some interesting dilemmas. Her contractor is one of them! Jake Braden has much on his mind when he takes on the job of helping Emily renovate an older house. He is in the process of gaining custody of his niece and nephew. The attraction between the two main characters is evident and watching them develop their relationship is a good part of this story.

There are numerous other story lines going on around the relationship of Emily and Jake. Can they work through their own issues and uncover all the history the house has to offer? The history that is woven into the story was done so with abrupt changes in the story line. Meaning you are reading a section of the story now and then the story changes to the history parts and leaves you in the middle of the main story. I found the jumping from one time period to the other a bit much. However, it was an interesting story idea and the author’s writing style is easy to read. I can not say I would read this book again but it did keep my attention long enough to finish the story!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment