Saturday, March 24, 2012

This book was not at all what I expected

Desired is written by Ginger Garrett and published by David C Cook.

This book was not at all what I expected. That is not a good thing. The book is about Samson, the man from the Bible that we remember from the story of him getting his hair cut and losing his strength. This book comes from a different angle in retelling the story by centering on the viewpoint of three women in Samson’s life.

I felt like the details of some of the scenes were a bit much. It was an over dramatic retelling of the story. It is nothing like any Christian fiction I have read before. I would not recommend this book for everyone. The language is a bit graphic sometimes, not what you would call bad language but more in the descriptive words used.

The flow of the story helped make the read bearable. The book itself was well written meaning there were no scenes left out and the story made sense. I will not be reading this book again but if you want a different viewpoint of the story of Samson you might want to try it for yourself.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 3/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment