Saturday, March 24, 2012

There are great friendships in this story

The Mulligans of Mt. Jefferson is written by Don Reid and published by David C Cook.

The three main characters in this story are Cal, Harlan and Buddy. They grew up together in Virginia and were known for getting into trouble together. They were given a nickname, the Mulligans. This book is set in the late 1950’s and centers on the search for the recent shooter of Harlan. They work together to try to find out why Harlan was shot.

The story jumps around a bit from past to present. You can easily get mixed up on who is doing what when. I still enjoyed the story and thought the writing was very good. The story itself was interesting and the characters were well written. You aren’t into the book very far when you start to think you have met these men in real life.

I only gave this book 4/5 stars because I did get confused on some parts and felt it could have used more drama to move the story along. It was still interesting and is worth reading.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.


No comments:

Post a Comment