Saturday, March 24, 2012

This story had some interesting elements

The Guardian Duke is written by Jamie Carie and published by B&H Publishing Group.

Gabriel, who is the Duke of St. Easton, has been made a guardian of Lady Alexandria Featherstone by the King. The Duke has been made Lady Alexandria’s guardian because everyone thinks her parents are dead. She on the other hand decides they are not and goes in search of them. The Duke becomes aware that she is out looking for her parents on her own and goes out searching for her. As the Duke and Lady Alexandria communicate with each other we are able to see their relationship grow through the letters they write to each other.

This story has some interesting elements but is not like a lot of fiction I have read set during the Duke and Lady historical period. I did not especially like how the story concluded. I do not like when they end books just so they can start another one. They pull you along as a relationship grows and then just leave you at the end with no resolution. What if you can’t afford to get the next book or your library does not carry the book? You will never know how the story ends. I will say, however, that the writing style was nicely done and the characters were interesting but I don’t think I will read anything by this author again.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment