Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Review of Jesus Was A Country Boy

Jesus Was a Country Boy by Clay Walker

The author is not ashamed to tell you what he thinks about life and religion which he does by using stories from his life.  I gave this book 4/5 stars.  Although I do not think the author meant to come across a certain way, as I read the book I really felt like he was on a soap box talking down about everyone else.  Some of the stories were funny and some were heartwarming but overall it was just another book by a famous person trying to seem like a “normal’ person.  I felt like this book could have been a letter to his fans about his thoughts on things.  I do think anyone who is interested in the author as a person not just an entertainer will enjoy this book.  I thought the message of who the author thought the Lord was got lost in his sarcasm.  Overall I enjoyed the book but would not read it again!

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment