Monday, October 15, 2012

Review of the book Acsah

Acsah by Janice Rice

Acsah is written by Janice Rice and published by Ellechor Publishing House.

This story is based on the Biblical character of Acsah found in the book Joshua.  This women is given in marriage by her father Caleb to the man who could win a certain battle.  This fictional recounting of the story takes many liberties.  Since not much is written the author has added much to make this an interesting story.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.  I thought it was a bit wordy.  There was too much description and internal thoughts.  That said, I still enjoyed the story.  I thought the author did well at portraying the emotions of the characters.  I liked the conversations and setting descriptions.  I think anyone who is interested in Biblical fiction will enjoy the book. 

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment