Monday, October 15, 2012

Review of a book of poems

Morning's Promise by Jennifer Anne F. Messing

Morning’s Promise is written by Jennifer Anne Messing and published by Ellechor Publishing House.

This is a book filled with verses and poems that are divided by topic.  There are five different topics.  The titles are God’s Call and Guidance, Faith and Trust, God’s Care and Provision, Loving God and Serving God at Home.  The poems and verses under each topic relate to the said topic.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.  It was nice that the author compiled all of these together.  I liked the different poems.  I thought they were well written and highlighted the topic of the section they were in.  I also enjoyed the Bible verses that were well thought out and placed in the right section.  I do wish there had been more to the poems.  Maybe if the author had written why those were chosen or at least some kind of story behind some of them.  I would have enjoyed the book more had there been more than just verses and poems.

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment