Monday, October 15, 2012

To Love and Cherish, Book Review

To Love and Cherish by Tracie Peterson
 
To Love and Cherish is written by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller.

This is book two in the Bridal Veil Island series.  You do not have to read the books in order to enjoy the stories.  One of the highlights of this particular book is the setting.  The authors do an excellent job of describing the island and how it would have appeared during the late 1800’s.  I liked the story but felt the main characters could have been more likable.  Their interactions were somewhat believable but there was too much wondering what the other was thinking. 

The story follows Melinda and Evan.  Melinda is ready for a proposal but Evan wants to be able to financially support her before making that kind of promise.  Will they finally get together or will their busy lives lead them down different paths? 

I gave this book 4/5 stars for a couple of reasons.  I felt like the sub characters in the story were well written and actually more likable then the main characters.  I also felt like the story itself moved rather slowly. It still was a good historical fiction book and I think most people will enjoy the story!

I would like to the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment