Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hunter's Prize by Marcia Gruver

Hunters Prize is written by Marcia Gruver.

This book is number three in the Backwoods Bride series. Each story is unique and can be read on its own. This particular story is about Addie. Addie decides it is time to leave her home and chooses a job as a governess. She sure gets more then she bargained for!

Ceddy Whitfield has a secret and others want to find it out. This little boy plays an important part in the story and makes this book very interesting. I really liked how the boy played just as important a role as the two main adult characters.

I enjoyed the treasure hunt, the romance and especially the setting. You can tell the author does a lot of research when writing her books. The setting is written is such a way that you can not miss the historical significance. I thought the detail really helped make the story believable.

How the author slips in a Christian theme is brilliant. You can read some books and it feels like the characters relationship with the Lord is written in after just so it can be called a Christian fiction book. This book, however, makes the spiritual growth of the characters an intricate part of the story.

I gave this book 4/5 stars because although the story was historically accurate the plot was sluggish at parts.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment