Sunday, July 1, 2012

Book by Ellen Vaughn

Come, Sit, Stay, Finding Rest For Your Soul is written by Ellen Vaughn

The premise of this book is that we all need to spend time alone with the Lord. The author uses Biblical and real life examples to show ways to strengthen our relationship.

The author reminds us that in this world where everything is right at our fingertips and we are all in a hurry we are commanded in the Bible to sit still. If we take the time to really study the Bible and spend time alone in prayer we will understand how the Lord is directing our lives.

Parts of this book were cumbersome and took me awhile to get through. I think the whole book could have been edited better. That said I still gave the book a 4/5 stars. The information given will help you if you are feeling like you need help in your personal walk with the Lord.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment