Friday, March 8, 2013

Review of The Chance by Karen Kingsbury

The Chance: A Novel
 The Chance is written by Karen Kingsbury.

This is another great book by author Karen Kingsbury.  She is known for her series about the Baxter family.  If you have not read any of her other books though this one would be a great one to start with.  It does have a couple characters from one of her books called The Bridge.  You do not have to read that book to enjoy this one.

I gave this book 4/5 stars as I had positives as well as negatives about this book.  On the positive side the two main characters, Ellie and Nolan, were well written and their relationship was believable.  I also thought the story of how they part and reunite was interesting.  On the negative side there was a bit of jumping around between what was happening now and what had happened over the past years.  There was also a few other characters that played important parts and reading their thoughts made for a lot of introspection and not enough conversation.  There is also the relationship of Ellie and her daughter.  How Ellie talks to her and opens up about her life just was not believable.  I thought the author should have given Ellie a friend to talk to about the issues not a very young girl.  It just was not something I think you would see in real life.  All that said I felt the ending was perfect for the situation and all will enjoy the story!   

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment