Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A good book for a new Christian to read.

A Quick Overview of the Bible: Understanding How All the Pieces Fit Together was written by Douglas Jacoby and published by Harvest House Publishers.

This book has helpful information if you are looking for an overview of what is in the Bible. There were so many parts of the book that were interesting. This is not a very in-depth book, meaning you will not find out what each verse in the Bible means. You will have a better understanding of where the books of the Bible got their names or who wrote the different books or even why they were originally written.

My favorite part of the book was the section on sayings that have been attributed to the Bible but are not in the Bible. I also enjoyed the unique questions he singled out to answer. I thought he did a very good job of backing up his answers by using well-researched scripture references.

This book would be a good gift for a new Christian or for someone who has been away from the Church for awhile and needs a refresher on the contents of the Bible. Written in simple language this book was an easy and informative read.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment