Monday, March 5, 2012

Another great story!

Leaving Lancaster is a great book about family and forgiveness. Written by Kate Lloyd, the story is set in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. It takes place during modern day with cell phones and computers. It also has plenty of the Amish traditions that normally appear in this style of book.

Holly Fisher has grown up believing she had no other immediate family except her Mother. Finding out otherwise changes her life. Esther has kept many secrets from her daughter Holly and decides that it is time to open up about her family and all that transpired when she left her Amish community and ran off with Samuel. Samuel, Holly’s father, had a family too and meeting Holly and forgiving Esther will change their lives for the better.

Holly and Esthers’ relationships with family and friends is the core if this book. Finding love also plays an important role in this story. The book did have some confusing parts. The story would switch from one persons’ viewpoint to another. It took me a few chapters to get the flow of the story because of this. I enjoyed the story itself and found the characters to have depth. I liked how the story ended and thought the author did well at describing the emotions that were felt as the main characters lives changed.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment