Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A devotional with a different viewpoint

Listening To God, Experience His Presence Every Day is written by Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz and is published by Barbour Books.

This is a devotional that will take you through all 52 weeks in the year. Divided by the days of the week each day’s devotional is written in the first person. At first it is hard to get used to. The authors write as if the Lord or Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit or the Bible or even the church is actually having a conversation with you. I think the concept is a good one but the book itself is a bit of a let down.

I found the devotionals a bit confusing at times. I did like how the authors explained the principles they were discussing and enjoyed the many verses that they presented. The writing style is kind in nature and not a book I found to be condemning in nature. You will learn more about the Lord and what He wants for you as you live as a Christian here on earth. You will also get a better understanding of how you can make a difference for Him while living here. This was not the best devotional I have read through, but it does have helpful information if you stick with it.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment