Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Secrets of Intercessory Prayer Book Review


The Secrets of Intercessory Prayer is written by Jack Hayford and published by Chosen.

The subtitle is Unleashing God’s Power in the Lives of Those You Love.  This book is about prayer and the many different times it is mentioned and used in the Bible with an emphasis on praying for others.  I liked the concept of this book, ways we can pray for those around us during certain circumstances.  Using examples from his personal life and the Bible, the author shows that no matter the situation you are going through you can find a way to pray for the other person.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.  I liked the Biblical examples and thought they were well placed and explained.  I also liked all the Biblical references presented to the reader.  I took the time to look most of them up and found they aptly applied to the principle being discussed.  Although there were great examples of ways to pray I gave this book a lower rating because I felt it did not flow from chapter to chapter.  I would describe it as different essays all put together to make a book.  There was not as much cohesiveness as I thought should be there.  However, if you are looking for a book that highlights ways to pray for others this is a good book to read.

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment