Tuesday, December 4, 2012

All Things New Book Review


All Things New is written by Lynn Austin and published by Bethany House.

This author reminds me of Eugenia Price and her many books about the South.  This particular book takes place after the Civil War has ended and the main character, Josephine returns to her home in Virginia.  This story is very long and detailed but still worth spending your time reading.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.  There was so much detail and description in the story that I was really able to picture what the characters were seeing and the circumstances they were dealing with.  I loved the conversations in the book and thought they flowed well and were expertly written.  Most of the time I read a longer book I say I wish some of the extra story lines had been taken out, but not this time!  I think each page deserves to be there and the story would not be the same had the author skimped on detail or dialogue.  I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a moving story with developing characters.

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment