Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Review of Mesquite


 Mesquite is written by Camilla Hunt Cole and is published by Tate Publishing.

When starting this book you will not know if it is a fictional story or supposed to be a retelling of someone’s life.  It can be confusing but the story grabs you right away and you will want to keep reading till the end.  The style of writing in this book is first person, like the author is telling you the story.  I thought it was well written and flowed well from one story to the next.

I gave this book 4/5 stars for a couple reasons.  The biggest is the confusion of whether the story is real or not.  With the placement of pictures it presents itself as biographical yet is in the fictional section.  I say be one kind of book or the other, don’t be so confusing.  I also thought some of the stories did not need to be there, meaning they really did not add to the whole of the book.  If you are looking for a fun book about a family and some interesting incidents in their life, this is a perfect book for you. 

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment