Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Review of Westward Hearts

Westward Hearts is written by Melody Carlson and published by Harvest House Publishing.

This is book one in the new series Homeward on the Oregon Trail. I do enjoy any book by Melody Carlson! Because of the author, I thought I should give this book a try. I am glad I did, as the story is more of an adventure then a romance and definitely kept my attention.

Elizabeth has been a widower for three years now and decides it is time to follow her dream and move west with her children. When her family comes along with her she could not be happier. The story is set in the mid 1800’s so you know they are traveling by wagon train! The description of the trip is very well written. You can almost feel the heat and dust! One matter Elizabeth is not ready for is falling in love. Will the wagon train guide, Eli, change her mind? The children in the book are adorable. I liked every scene they were in!

There was a lot I liked about the story. From the setting to the wonderful interaction of the children with all the other characters the book has many positive points. I only gave this book 4/5 stars though, because I thought it was a slow moving story and did not have enough romance between the two main characters.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment