Monday, September 10, 2012

Review of Idol Lies

Idol Lies is written by Dee Brestin.

Facing the Truth About Our Deepest Desires is the subtitle to the book. Author Dee Brestin has written another great book to help women in their relationship with the Lord and themselves.

Do you long to be loved? Do you feel unloved? Reading this book will show you that those desires are good but need to be directed at the Lord and not to things on this earth. The author stresses that trying to find your happiness by filling your life with things of the earth will only make the longing stronger. By direction your longings to the Lord, He will fulfill those needs with His love.

I gave this book 4/5 stars for a couple reasons. Where I did like the writing and found the author to be very open I just did not feel any connection. I felt more preached to then talked to. I do however, think the book is helpful and would recommend it to a friend who was having issues of feeling unloved or alone.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment