Monday, September 10, 2012

Review of Patchwork Christmas

A Patchwork Christmas Collection is written by Judith Miller, Nancy Moser, and Stephanie Grace Whison.

I liked the 3 different stories in this book. Each story is unique and entertaining. I thought the authors all wrote with their individual style and this made each story enjoyable. The setting for these stories is the late 1800’s during the holiday season. Each story has discussion questions at the end in case you want to read this book with a group.

I liked that the stories were not your typical romance. They had circumstance that could reflect a real life incident. The first story is about a girl who has had her heart broken and must learn to trust and love again. The second story is about a train ride that leads to a very different place then expected. The final story is about doing good for the Lord. Of the three stories this one was the least exciting.

I gave this book 4/5 stars. I liked the first two stories a lot and felt the characters really developed and the story was interesting. The final story was not as well developed and had parts that just did not make sense in the context of the story. I would recommend this book though, and think anyone who likes Christian historical romances will enjoy this book.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment