Monday, September 10, 2012

Men of Sunday Review

Men of Sunday is written by Curtis Eichelberger.

This book is about the faith of some athletes involved in the professional sport of football. Using certain topics the author relates the spiritual to the job as a professional athlete.

Some of the titles of the chapters are Overcoming Adversity, What Does It Mean To Lead and Family Sacrifices. Some of the athletes mentioned and discussed were Trent Dilfer, Ray Lewis and Aaron Rodgers.

You do not have to be a football fan to enjoy this book. It is more of a book about Christians who play the professional sport of football. How being a Christian has helped them during different times during their lives is the basic theme of each chapter.

I gave this book 4/5 stars. Although I enjoyed the idea of the book I felt like it would be best for a Christian athlete who was going professional. There was a lot of great advice and places to go to help when trying to keep your faith and play in the sport.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment