Monday, May 7, 2012

Church Behind the Wire

Church Behind the Wire is written by Barnabas Mam and published by Moody Publishing.

Wow what a moving story! This book is not a light read but is definitely worth your time. The author of this book retells his story in an engaging manner. You will not be bored while reading about his journey from a member of the Communist party to a follower of Christ.

The details of his life will change how you see your own life. You will read about how the Christian’s he was ministering to moved from one location to another. This was so the authorities would not get suspicious. Reading this part and others will really help you be more thankful for your own religious freedoms.

There are parts of this book that were hard to read and yet you see the Lord’s hand in this man’s life. You understand that although times were difficult, the Lord had a purpose and He has a purpose for your life too. I gave this book 4/5 stars because some of the writing just did not flow well. I had to stop numerous times and reread a sentence to make sure I understood it right. This book would be good for anyone wanting to learn more about the life of a Christian in a foreign country.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.


No comments:

Post a Comment